Hello my dear happiness nerds, welcome back!
Today 1 year ago I started this blog and it has been so rewarding to write for and discuss with you. All y’all showed such kindness, good manners, and genuinely intersting insights in the comments that it really moved me! But it makes sense: Almost no other fact unites humankind as much as our common wish to be happy – whatever that means to every individual person.
I was planning to post an overview of the blog posts at some point anyway and this anniversary seems like a fitting occasion to do so. After all, I was going to walk down memory lane in any case – so why not do it in a fun yet useful fashion? Without further ado, all posts of this blog so far, with a short synopsis, ranked from most to least read.
Enjoy, much love, and thanks so much for your support over this last year!
- From Dark Clouds to the Beautiful Sound of Raindrops My magnum opus where I proposed a 3-step roadmap towards a happy attitude in life.
- But Then, Life Happened My shortest post so far because life happened. But life sent a poem my way as it always does when I listen.
- About This Project The title says it all.
- Exactly Where You Need to Be My first attempt at poetry on this blog on a personally important day: World Mental Health Day. Let’s take it easy.
- A Difficult Lesson about Life Poetry seems to be your favorite subject and here you found some magical words by William Stafford. My favorite ones this year so far.
- Let’s Talk Happiness! My very first post about the meditation retreat that changed my life and inspired this blog.
- Finally a Generation with a Meaningful Task Probably my favorite post (if I may say so), because in it I declare my love to our beautiful planet and celebrate the fact that a new generation is rising to the task of passionately protecting it.
- How Much Love and Where to Find it? The finale to a mini-series on love: Which attachment type are you and what does it say about your way of loving and connecting?
- On Spreading Sunshine If you want to know more about the man behind the blog 🙂
- Give Life, Feel Alive A shout-out to a cool project to plant 20 million trees. PS: We reached our goal! Thanks for giving (and if you want to, you still can – the more trees the better)!
- Love, Love, Love How to better kick off a mini-serious on love than with a logical analysis? On why to truly love oneself, though. You should.
- Change Yourself or Change the World? The answer may surprise you.
- A Love Letter to You I write a lot about love on this blog – probably because I see it as the number one path to happiness for everyone. This love letter isn’t from me though.
- So Much Love, So Little Time “I think most of us hold their loved ones, be it people, objects or ideas, too tightly. By opening our hands a little bit, we might not only open our hearts to a bigger portion of the world, but also give our loved ones more space to breathe and ourselves more space to relax. It’s a win-win-win situation: We win, our loved ones win, and the world wins. Because ultimately, I think that one of the biggest problems in human civilization has been that humans only managed to love the people, things, and ideas closest to them, but not the people, things, and ideas of their neighbors, enemies, and mother earth.” (from the post)
- At the Love Buffet In this post of the mini-series on love I discuss love objects and wisdom, romantic relationships, family ties, and friendships. A love buffet of sorts.
- The 2010s: A Decade in Review Focused on Your Happiness So much has happened in only ten years. (How) Does it matter to your happiness? Should it at all?
- 4 Life Hacks to Thrive during the Covid-19 Pandemic Naturally, the most recent posts have the fewest reads yet, but if you only read one post today, I think this should be it. Behind the (ironically) clickbaity title waits a best of regarding happiness insights – not only during pandemics.
- Emergency Post: What You Need to Know about COVID-19 Last and rightly so least: A collection of trustworthy resources on the current pandemic. Off-topic for this blog but important during this emergency.
If you like what you see, please like and follow! If you think that somebody else might, too, please share—it would be my honor! If you want to receive and e-mail every time I post something new (which is usually twice a month), but you don’t want to open a wordpress account for that you can do that, too (see sidebar or below the post, depending on which device you’re reading on right now).